Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Delays

Churchyard
graphite in sketchbook
copyright Jeanette Jobson


While I've not been shirking my series obligations, after a day like today, its been physically impossible to fit in drawing time for this. I may extend my time frame by a week to allow myself time for interruptions, which seem frequent lately.

Work has been brutally busy and problems with my mother's health have caused disruptions as well today. But tomorrow should be better and I'll have something to post on my planned series I hope.

This little drawing of a churchyard has been done over several days in small bites. Landscapes are a challenge to me or at least something I don't enjoy drawing as much as other subjects. Trees are particularly challenging and its a matter of buckling down and just doing it instead of being overwhelmed by the whole subject. Breaking things down into small sections works wonders.

3 comments:

Rose Welty said...

Jeanette, sorry to hear about your mother and the workload, when it rains it pours doesn't it?

The churchyard is gorgeous!!!

Billie Crain said...

I'm truly sorry about your mother, Jeanette. i remember when my Dad's health started to fail. it was very stressful for all involved.

rendering trees in graphite is a challenge to say the least. guess that's what i like about watercolor. you can 'fudge' details like leaves and branches so much easier.

Anonymous said...

I hope your Mum starts to get better soon. I really like this little churchyard sketch, its so nice to get out and about with pencil and pad in hand.